With Touch-type Read and Spell …
Learning is multi-sensory
Material is presented in bite-size chunks
Individuals set the pace of study
Initial focus is on accuracy vs. speed
Progress is displayed in easy-to-read charts
An online program for users of all ages and ability levels
Watch them build confidence and skill as they complete module after module and begin to type!
- Make it easier to get thoughts down on paper
- Become a more confident speller
- Foster independence through self-directed learning
The TTRS Course teaches typing and strengthens spelling and reading ability at the same time
- TTRS takes a multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham based approach to learning
- Learn to type, read and spell 4,500+ English words
- Review and repeat lessons as many times as desired
- Whole word approach from the start
- Structured and supported learning
- Log in from a laptop, iPad or desktop computer
- Add an avatar and choose your favorite keyboard display
- Turn on ‘show hands’ to provide guidance on finger placement
- Select a font you find easy to read
- See, hear and type English letters, words, phrases and sentences
- Keep track of scores and review your progress
- Earn badges, awards and printable certificates
Advantages of typing for individuals with dysgraphia
- Typing makes it easier to produce clear and legible text
- Writing on a computer opens up access to spelling and grammar checks
- A phonics-based curriculum reinforces literacy skills
- Regular keyboarding sessions lower anxiety and build stamina
- Positive feedback boosts self-esteem and confidence for learners with a history of educational failure
Start your subscription now
- United KingdomGBP
- United StatesUSD
- New ZealandNZD
Subscriptions are renewed automatically and can be canceled or paused at any time.
Our home plans are designed for up to 5 users. However, if you require more than 5 users you can purchase a TTRS Education subscription.
All of our plans include:
Testimonials and reviews
My son has slow writing, is dyslexic, dysgraphic and a visual learner. TTRS has allowed him to at last realise his potential and show how intelligent he is!
We started using TTRS and saw a quick improvement in our learner's speed and accuracy. He has dysgraphia so this is a huge advance for his ability to communicate thoughts in written form!
Touch-type Read and Spell has been a wonderful tool to help my son with typing and spelling. If you have a child with dyslexia and dysgraphia, you know how important typing skills are, and every bit of practice helps! He has gained so much confidence with his writing!
TTRS is fuss free and easy for my son to understand. He has dysgraphia and immediately found the cues from the fingers on screen were the perfect guide.
Frequently asked questions
Are TTRS lessons geared toward learners with dysgraphia? Lessons are split into bite-size modules that can be completed in 3-5 minutes and provide just the right amount of challenge for someone with dysgraphia. The words taught follow a carefully structured program of phonics so spelling skills improve gradually. They are short enough to keep a learner focused while also making it easier to repeat and review words.
My child struggles with self-directed learning. Will he or she need supervision using this program? It depends on the learner, but after a few modules most parents find their child is able to complete work independently. In fact, that’s one of the things parents like most about TTRS! The program opens directly to the last completed module, which minimizes the chances that time is lost looking through menus and encourages a quick start to every session.
How long will it take for typing skills to emerge? Students with dysgraphia may require extra time to master the key strokes in touch-typing or they may find it intuitive and progress through the levels quickly. Fortunately, this kind of flexibility is built into the course as TTRS encourages every user to proceed at his or her own pace.
Does my child have to complete explicit spelling and reading exercises to benefit from the program? No! With TTRS reading and spelling help is built into the course so learners improve skills by repeatedly typing groups of words with common English spelling patterns. This means a child or young-adult can simply focus on learning how to type, instead of being embarrassed about using a program that provides literacy instruction.
What is unique about TTRS compared to other programs and apps? Our multi-sensory typing method involves hearing a sound, seeing it on the screen and typing the corresponding keys, combining diverse sensory input with an accessible platform to ensure success. When used in conjunction with tailored strategy instruction, TTRS can make a big difference in the written language production of learners with dysgraphia.
My child struggles with fine motor skills coordination, will he or she be able to touch-type? Many learners have found that it is easier to press keys on a keyboard than it is to write by hand. However, we understand that no two cases of dysgraphia are the same so if after some time you find your child is not making progress and the program is not a good fit, just get in touch with our team and we’ll send you a full refund.